- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 1,500 tons
History and Notes
- 1892, Jul 19 Second steel hulled lumber carrier; cost $90,000.
- 1892, Sep 17 Owned Oscar P. Bills & Edmund B. Koch, Toledo, OH.
- 1892, Dec Holed at Tonawanda, NY; repaired Union Dry Dock, Buffalo, NY.
- 1893 Owned Henry N. Loud, AuSable, MI, Huron Transportation Co.; towed MONTGOMERY.
- 1894, Jun Ran Duluth, MN to Oswego, NY with 53,200 bushels grain.
- 1894, Sep Damaged at Duluth, dropping a wheel.
- 1895, Nov 19 Damaged in Lake Huron gale, 8 miles above Sarnia, ONT; bound Marquette, MI to Cleveland, OH with lumber.
- 1899, Jun 3 Owned Edward F. Loud, AuSable; 908 gross/ 779 net tons.
- 1902 Chartered to Richardson Lumber Co.
- 1907, Oct 12 Stranded Copper Island, Schreiber Channel near Nipigon Bay; repaired.
- 1910, May 20 Sunk in collision with LOUISIANA in West Neebish Channel blocking Rock Cut & Straits of Mackinaw.
- 1910, Jun 10 Released & raised; owned by Salvage Reid Wrecking Co., Port Huron, MI; clamshell rig.
- 1912 Owned Reid Wrecking Co., Sarnia, ONT C130435; renamed GREENLAND; 193 x 40.5 x 12.3, 1,109 gross/ 763 net tons; scotch boiler 14 x 12' @ 101# steam by Collingwood Ship Building Co.
- 1916 Owned Canada Shipping Co from Spokane Steam Ship Co.
- 1916, Mar 7 Some trouble, Cardinal, ONT.
- 1916, Sep 12 Collision with steamer SENATOR DERBYSHIRE, Port Colborne, ONT.
- 1917 Chartered to Canada Steam Ship Lines Ltd., Montreal, QUE.
- 1918 Owned George Hall Coal Co., Montreal.
- 1920, Oct 26 Ashore St. Lawrence River near Waddington, NY in fog; released by tug FLORENCE.
- 1921, Dec 19 Blown on pier free of her moorings near Ogdensburg, NY.
- 1923 Two canal accidents within 2 weeks.
- 1926 Owned Canada Steam Ship Lines.
- 1927 Renamed COALHURST then in same year NEEBING.
- 1930 Owned Sin-Mac Lines Ltd., Montreal; home port Port Arthur.
- 1937, Sep 24 Capsized & sank Lake Superior.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swa
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 16:52:44
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio