- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 2,500 tons
- Final Location
- Off Spectacle Reef, eastern Straits.
- Lake Huron.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Bound Escanaba, MI for Cleveland, OH; sank in collision in dense fog with steamer FRED PABST; crew rescued by tug PARKER.
- 1992, Jun 27 Wreck discovered.
History and Notes
- 1889 Towed B.F. BRUCE; regularly towed barge HELVETIA.
- 1892 Received passenger license; towed MINNEHAHA.
- 1894 Towed CONSTITUTION.
- 1898, Jun Collision with steamer FULTON, Saginaw Bay; towed by steamer PRESLEY.
- 1900, Apr Rebuilt 260 x 40.2 x 23.3; 1997 gross/1321 net tons; one deck, two masts.
- 1902, Jul 24 Sunk Lake Huron.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 18:32:29
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio