- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- Final Location
- Off Holland, MI., Black Lake entrance.
- Lake Michigan.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Bound Saugatuck, MI for Holland, MI; engine failed in storm, broke up after being pushed ashore; crew rescued by lifesaving service.
- 1903, Nov 6 Boiler & engine recovered.
History and Notes
- 1889, Mar 28 Enrolled Grand Haven, MI.
- 1892, May 21 Owned James M. Bradley, Muskegon.
- 1892, Dec 17 Owned W.A. Boswell & J.N. Pike, Benton Harbor, MI.
- 1894, Jul 7 Owned Ellen E. Bradley, Muskegon; ran Saugatuck to Holland.
- 1896, Aug 24 Rebuilt; 2 decks; 59.67 gross/52.25 net tons; ran Saugatuck to Chicago & Milwaukee, WI.
- 1899, Nov 3 Owned Neil Gallagher, St. James, MI; ran Charlevoix, MI to Beaver Island.
- 1900, Aug 29 Rebuilt; 85 gross/67 net tons.
- 1901, Jun 17 Owned D.M. Gerber, Saugatuck, MI.
- 1901, Aug 23 Rebuilt; 99 gross/81 net tons.
- 1903, Sep 17 Wrecked Lake Michigan; owned Upham & Weed, Saugatuck.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Beesons Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 18:29:28
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio