- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1888 Built Goderich, ONT by Henry Marlton for McKay & Clark of Goderich to haul passengers and freight between Wiarton and Tobermony, ONT.
- 1892 Owned James Clark, fish merchant of Goderich; listed as fish tug.
- 1898, Sep 17 Was sunk in collision with steamer PACIFIC three miles from Kagawong, Manitoulin Island; was raised on Oct 20; repaired at dry dock at Owen Sound; back in service before end of season.
- 1900 Sold to Crawford Tug Company, Wiarton, ONT.
- 1901 Rebuilt by Polson Iron Works, Ltd., Owen Sound.
- 1906, Nov 22 Bound for Lions Head, ONT form Owen Sound; foundered in storm and disappeared; last seen off Cape Croker; 1 body if approx. 30 people aboard along with cabin washed ashore on Christian Island.
- Scanner, Oct '86
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 18:29:07
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio