- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 18,000 bushels
History and Notes
- Named for Detroit ship-chandler
- 1862 June 2 Enrolled Detroit
- 1865 June 14 Enrolled Detroit, Warren Tremaine & Sam C. Wickham,
- Marine City, Michigan
- Readmeasured 133.5 x 25.4 x 11.3, 272.94 gross tons
- 1867 April 29 Enrolled Port Huron, Michigan
- 1871 April 14 Owned Tremaine, et.al.
- 1871 August Sprang a leak & rolled on side below Bar Point, Saint
- Clair River, deck load of wheat lost; towed to Detroit by
- tug ECLIPSE
- 1872 Spring/Summer Towed by ROBT, HOLLAND with ANOSKEAG in ore trade,
- Marquette & Cleveland route
- 1872 October 8 Owned Warren Tremaine, et.al.
- 1872 November 26 Wrecked
- 1873 May 17 FAVORITE attempted salvage of cargo
- 1873 June 30 Documents surrendered, total loss
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio