- Propulsion Type
- Engine Number Propellers
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 300 passengers
- Final Location
- Sand Island, 2 miles northeast of Silver Islet, Lake Superior
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Stranded & wrecked
- Final Notes
- Broke loose from moorings at Silver Islet & went adrift in ice headed toward Edward Island.
- Wind blew her back & stranded her on sand Island where she wrecked.
- Machinery removed by MOCKING BIRD.
History and Notes
- 1885 late April Launched
- 1885 Port Arthur & Fort William ferry route; also Lake Superior north
- shore stops & excursions
- 1885 May 26 Arrived, Port Arthur; towed schooner MIDLAND ROVER
- First vessel registered at Port Arthur
- 1890 Autumn Owned Harry & Joe Servais
- 1894 April 17 Registered, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Owned Booth Fisheries Corporation; fish, merchandise &
- passenger trade
- 1895 December 15 Stranded & wrecked
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-22 16:16:16
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio