- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1890, Apr 5 First launched.
- 1892, Aug 5 Nearly collided with steam MCVEA mid-Lake Michigan.
- 1896, Apr Serviced between Chicago, IL & Manitowoc, WI.
- 1899, May 3 New bulwarks & improvements; new upper cabin; 38 staterooms.
- 1912, Mar 15 Stuck in ice Lake Michigan.
- Date Unknown Owned Mills Construction Co., Detroit, MI.
- 1915 Rebuilt; reboilered & lengthened; steel bulkhead installed; upper cabin added; Manitowoc Shipbuilding Co., Manitowoc; 223 x 35.4 x 14.3'; 1979 gross/1562 net tons.
- 1917, Jan 14 Struck extension of Chicago Outer Breakwater; minor damages; repaired.
- 1921 Owned Merchants & Miners Transportation Co., Baltimore, MD.
- 1922, Summer Crashed into Carter H. Harrison water; severely damaged; repaired.
- 1928 Operated as passenger steamer.
- 1931 Owned Thompson & Co., St. Paul, MN.
- 1931 Dredged at W. Neebish channel in St. Mary's River, MI.
- 1932 Dredged Livingston channel lower Detroit River, MI.
- 1933 Abandoned Toledo, OH.
- 1938 Dismantled Toledo.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Ed Middleton
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 17:21:27
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio