- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1896 Rebuilt, 3 decks, wood arches, steel diagonal straps, 202' x 36'
- x 22', 1157 gross tons
- 1898 Collision with steamer PETOSKEY near Kenosha, Wisconsin
- 1905 November 2 Ashore north of Milwaukee North Point
- 1906 October 11 Released from Hills Point near Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
- by tug ARCTIC
- 1910 April 23 Ashore north of Kenosha, Wisconsin
- 1913 July 17 Struck by sidwheeler SHEBOYGAN in Chicago River, tied up
- & promptly sank
- 1915 Febuary 4 Crushed by ice near Chicago Harbor
- 1916 Dynamited as hazard to navigation
- NOTE: See information in MENOMINEE folder, Number 9, Box 227
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- "Ships That Never Die"
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 17:17:18
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio