- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 1285 tons
History and Notes
- 1871, Jul 16 First enrolled Erie, PA.
- 1871, Nov 12 Struck & sank near Sault Ste. Marie, MI.
- 1872 Operated by Lake Superior Transit Co., operated between Buffalo, NY & Lake Superior ports.
- 1873-76 Laid up due to poor business conditions.
- 1878 Re-entered service for Lake Superior Transit Co.
- 1880, Aug Arrived Duluth, MN; damaged from "Alpena" gale.
- 1890, Jan Repaired; new upper works.
- 1894, Sept 4 Aground at head of cut in Hay Lake, MN.
- 1906 Withdrawn from service by Anchor Line.
- 1906, Dec 8 Owned Montreal & Lake Erie Steamship Co., Toronto, ONT; renamed CITY OF OTTAWA; c122018; 220 x 32.5 x 14'; 1529 gross/838 net tons.; ran Cleveland, OH & Montreal, QUE; fore & aft engine; 22, 44 x 36"; Polson Iron Works, Toronto.
- 1913 Owned Canada Steamship Lines Ltd., Montreal; ran Montreal, Toronto, & Hamilton, ONT express package freight line; rebuilt 1323 gross/671 net tons.
- 1927 Owned Charles F. Mann Line, Marine City, MI; renamed INDIA.
- 1929 Owned Algoma Steamship Co. Ltd., Hamilton, ONT; renamed SAULT STE. MARIE.
- 1930 Owned Thomas Candler, Detroit, MI; renamed INDIA; made a barge; 210 x 32.6 x 14'; 814 gross/805 net tons.
- 1832 Owned Detroit Tug Line, Detroit.
- 1833 Owned Pine Ridge Coal Co., Detroit.
- 1834 Owned India Navigation Co., Cleveland.
- 1839 Owned Cooper Steamship Co., Cleveland; hauled steel between Cleveland & Monroe, MI; towed by MARITA.
- 1942 Owned U.S. Maritime Commission.
- 1942, Nov 11 Taken to New Orleans, LA; laid up in Lake Pontchartrain, LA.
- c1945 Scrapped.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- University of Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Bau
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 16:48:06