- 192' 8"
- 30' 6"
- 11' 11"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 667 7/95
History and Notes
- 1857 Enrolled new, Buffalo, ran Buffalo & Chicago, IL.
- 1858 Ran Collingwood, ONT & Lake Michigan ports.
- 1861, Nov 6 Burned & sank Chicago; much damage; raised & repaired.
- 1862 Enrolled Chicago; Buffalo & Lake Huron Railway.
- 1862, Apr 23 Enrolled Buffalo; owned william Dixon, Buffalo.
- 1864, Feb 16 Enrolled Buffalo; owned William Wells et al.
- 1864, Aug 26 Enrolled Buffalo; owned Edwin E. Evans et al.
- 1865 Enrolled Buffalo; 842 gross tons.
- 1869, Oct 24 Collided with propeller COMET & sank on Detroit River 8 miles below Detroit; raised.
- 1870 Rebuilt as barge.
- 1870, Sep 13 Enrolled Detroit as barge; 518.40 gross tons; owned James W. Ballentine.
- 1872, Sep 28 Broke from tow & driven ashore Greenbush, MI, Lake Huron; total loss.
- 1873, Mar 8 Documents surrendered, Detroit; total loss.
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 16:36:34