- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 950 gross tons
- Final Location
- Near Crisp Point, MI
- Lake Superior
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Towing schooner barge MIZTEC, began to leak in gale; crew cut MIZTEC loose, abandoned MYRON, all hands lost except her captain. MIZTEC foundered 2 miles off wreckage of MYRON a year and half later.
History and Notes
- 1889 Often towed barge MIDDLESEX.
- 1890 6 X 10'; 120# firebox boiler, Johnston Bros., Ferrysburg, MI.
- 1891 Towed J. B. LOZEN.
- 1892 Towed NELSON BLOOM & P. S. MARSH, maybe C. H. HURD.
- 1893 Towed OGARITA & GARDNER.
- 1895, May 10 Owned E. C. Recor. St. Clair, MI, et al.
- 1895, Sep 27 Sunk by VANDERBILT in Hay Lake, near Sault Ste. Marie, MI.
- 1895, Oct 19 Wreck bought & raised, Henry McMorran et al, Port Huron, MI.
- 1896 Rebuilt, Lester, Marine City, MI.
- 1897, Oct 20 Ashore Point Abino, ONT, Lake Erie.
- c1898 Towed ED KELLY & RACINE.
- 1898 Towed RACINE & YANKEE.
- 1899 Towed CHECOTAH & RACINE.
- 1900, 1901 Towed GOSHAWK, DELWARE, SOPHIA MINCH, PESHTIGO, MARY WOOLSON & B. W. JENNESS.
- 1900, Apr 4 Owned D. W. Blodgette, Bay City, MI, et al.
- 1902 Towed PESHTIGO & GOSHAWK.
- 1902, Mar 26 Released Harris W. Baker from Long Point, Lake Erie, arrived Port Dover.
- 1902, Apr 5 Owned Harris W. Baker, Detroit, MI.
- 1902, Apr 9 Owned Hopkins Transportation Co., Duluth, MN.
- 1902, Sep 27 Renamed MYRON.
- 1903-1904 Rebuilt Bay City; 186 x 32.6 x 13', 676 gross/414 net tons.
- 1909 Towed PAGE & DELWARE.
- 1919 Towed NELLIE REDDINGTON & MIZTEC.
- 1919, Nov 22 Foundered near Crisp Point, MI, Lake Superior.
- 1920, Jan 22 Document surrendered, Duluth.
- Wisconsin Marine Historical Society
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Society
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 16:29:59
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio