- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1858, Nov 8 Ashore on North Manitou Island; jettesoned 3500 bushels of wheat & got off.
- 1860 Owned Latham, Tozer & Co., Oswego, NY.
- 1863 Owned Faling, Dane & Co., Oswego.
- 1865 Large repairs, 119' X 24.6' X 10.1', 213.15 gross tons.
- 1866 Owned W. Stewart, Detroit, MI.
- 1868, Nov 28 Holed on a obstruction, towed back to Erie, PA & sank at dock.
- 1868 Rebuilt.
- 1870 New decks.
- 1871 Owned J.A. Thompson & Co., Racine, WI.
- 1874 Repaired.
- 1876 Owned Cobb & Co., Racine.
- 1880, Aug 31 Owned A.W. Cogswell, et al, Racine.
- 1884, May 27 Owned John Saveland, Milwaukee, WI.
- 1888, Oct 30 Abandoned.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio