- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1869, Sep 1 Launched.
- 1869, Sep 15 Enrolled Detroit.
- 1869 Detroit & Saginaw route.
- 1871, Aug Grounded Detroit River; released by tug W.B. CASTLE.
- 1871, Nov Collided with CORTLANDT below Belle Isle, Detroit River.
- 1873, Apr 24 Enrolled Chicago, IL; owned Joseph Austrian et al, Chicago.
- 1873-74 Winter New passenger cabin added.
- 1874 Chicago & Lake Superior route.
- 1876-77 Winter Aft cabins extended; new stern bulwarks; machinery overhauled.
- 1877, Nov Alleged collision with schooner MAGELLAN near Two Rivers, WI., Lake Michigan; never proven.
- 1879, Mar Owned Lake Michigan & Lake Superior Transportation Co.
- 1884, Sep 1 Grounded on reef near Detour, MI, 30' of water; raised by LEVIATHAN; taken to Milwaukee for repair, Wolf & Davidson shipyards.
- 1888, Jun Grounded in fog, Frankfort, MI., Lake Michigan; released by tug HALL & lifesaving crew.
- 1888, Oct 22 Beached Eagle Harbor, Lake Superior after springing leak; lightered by tug MAYTHAM and scow; released.
- 1889-90 Winter Converted to freighter; cabins removed.
- 1890, Apr Gladstone, MI to Owen Sound, ONT route under charter to Canadian Pacific.
- 1892 Chicago & Lake Superior route.
- 1895, May 10 Sank steel steamer CAYUGA in collision near Skillagallee, Lake Michigan; lost bow; beached Harbor Springs, MI; 1 crew member lost.
- 1895, Sep 30 Enrolled Milwaukee, WI., owned Leatham & Smith Towing & Wrecking Co., Sturgeon Bay, WI.
- 1896 Readmeasured 557.21 gross/389.98 net tons.
- 1897, May 4 Enrolled Milwaukee; 557.21 gross tons.
- 1897, Dec Received boiler from AUSTRALASIA, 8' x 27'.
- 1898 Wooden arches replaced with steel chords; hull bustled 6'; forward house reduced; 1 hatch added; converted to steam barge.
- 1899 Tows barges A.T. BLISS & PARANA.
- 1900, May 26 Collided with Jackson St. bridge, Chicago.
- 1900, Nov 10 Ashore Pointe aux Pins, Lake Huron.
- 1903, Feb 28 Chartered in lumber trade, Alpena, MI to Chicago.
- 1904, Oct 22 Entered stone trade.
- 1904, Nov 26 Stranded Dunlap Reef, Lake Michigan.
- 1906, Apr 27 Capt. dies in accident.
- 1906, Aug Sprang leak enroute from Millakake River, MI to Chicago; partially sank; Towed to Chicago River where she sank; loss of cedar pole cargo; crew rescued by freighter MOHAWK.
- 1907, May Converted to barge, Sturgeon Bay; 459 tons; towed by tug GEORGE NELSON; cargo stone.
- 1907, May 16 Enrolled Milwaukee.
- 1907 Towed by CHAS. B. PACKARD.
- 1911, Jul Towed by SMITH to Grand Haven, MI., Lake Michigan.
- 1913, Jun 6 Damaged in fire, Sturgeon Bay.
- 1913, Sep 23 Stranded 9 miles NW of Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal, Lake Michigan; cargo crushed stone; bound Sturgeon Bay to Manistee, MI in tow of tug; released; towed to Sturgeon Bay.
- 1913, Nov 8 Scuttled.
- 1913, Nov 10 Documents surrendered, Milwaukee.
- Wisconsin Underwater Archeology Association
- Wisconsin Marine Historical Society
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Lake Nautical Affairs
- John O. Greenwood
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- History of the Great Lakes
- H.G. Runge Coll
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 16:08:07