- 375 ton displacement
History and Notes
- 1896 Owned Mark Hanna.
- Owned U.S. Government, served as dispatch boat in Spanish-American War; renamed U.S.S. HAWK.
- Used as Presidential yacht for William McKinley & Theodore Roosevelt.
- Returned to U.S. Navy; used as tug durning World War.
- 1906, Aug 6 Used as training ship on Lake Michigan.
- 1926-39 Used as training ship.
- 1941, Apr Origional engine removed, sent to Smithsonian Museum; new diesel engine installed & put back in active service.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 15:59:08