- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1839, Sep 1 Fire, Lake St. Clair, extinguished but reignited after being towed to Detroit, rebuilt.
- 1840, Oct 26 Stranded in flats near Detroit.
- 1842, Aug 15 Collided with ILLINOIS near Manitou Island, Lake Michigan.
- 1843, Aug 29 Collided with steamer COLUMBUS off Ashtabula.
- 1844, Jan 15 Struck WISCONSIN, Buffalo Harbor.
- 1844, May 17 Stranded Manatou Island, Lake Michigan.
- 1845, Jun 27 Lost second mate overboard.
- 1845, Sep 29 Grounded leaving Green Bay.
- 1846, Nov 19 Grounded, Detroit River.
- 1848, Nov 30 Driven onto dock Buffalo.
- 1849, Apr 21 Owned Chancy H. Whitaker & Co., Buffalo.
- 1849, May Overhauled.
- 1850, Apr 30 Owned Capt. Kingman.
- 1852, May 27 Owned H. P. Smith & Co., Buffalo.
- 1852, Jul 29 Collided with schooner J. W. BROWN off Buffalo.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Great Lakes Register
- F.E. Hamilton
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 14:38:33
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio