- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1893, Feb 4 Launched, enrolled Cleveland, OH; time chartered to Western Transit Co, Buffalo, NY.
- 1898 Owned Mitchell Steamship Co, Cleveland.
- 1900 Chartered to Lake Carriers Association; ran Depot Harbor, ONT - Chicago, IL.
- 1902 Chartered by U.S. Transportation Co, Cleveland.
- 1908 Owned Chicago & Duluth Transportation Co, Chicago, IL.
- 1911 Renamed MINNEKAHTA; ran Chicago - Duluth, MN.
- 1914, Feb 26 Owned Great Lakes Transportation Co, Ltd, Midland, ONT; renamed GLENYON, C126660; 328 x 42.42 x 20.42', 2759 gross / 1644 net tons; refitted by Owen Sound Dry Dock Co; cargo elevators installed.
- 1918 Rebuilt, Midland Shipbuilding Co., Midland, ONT.
- 1924, Nov 1 Wrecked, Lake Superior.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 16:32:27
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio