- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1872, Aug 10 Enrolled at Grand Haven, MI; ran between Saugatuck and Chicago.
- 1878, Apr 15 Owned R.C. Brittain, Saugatuck.
- 1878, Mar 15 Enrolled Chicago; same owner; Waukegan, IL.
- 1878, May 2 Enrolled Grand Haven, same owner; Saugatuck.
- 1879, Apr Went ashore at Saugatuck in storm; released and repaired at Saugatuck.
- 1880, Sep 15 Rebuilt, readmeasured: 94.8 X 21.3 X 8.1', 135.46 gross tons, engine replaced with one 18 X 18" stroke, single screw.
- 1881, Sep 17 Owned R.C. Brittain, et al, Saugaatuck.
- 1882, Aug 28 Same owner, readmeasured: 135.46 gross / 116.69 net tons.
- 1886, Jan 6 Owned Frank C. Eickmeyer, et al, Sheboygan, WI; change rig to 1 mast.
- 1887, Mar 10 Owned Frank Geele, et al, Sheboygan.
- 1887, May 4 Documents surrendered, "vessel burned."
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Ed Middleton
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 15:45:14
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio