- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1874, Jun 11 Launched Cleveland; built for iron ore, coal,& grain trade.
- 1874, Jun 21 Arrived Detroit on 1st trip.
- 1880 Towed ALVA BRADLEY in ore trade.
- 1881, May 9 Engine broke down while leaving Cleveland; repaired.
- 1882, Oct 31 Damaged on Sault River by grounding & being run into by consort ESCANABA.
- 1883 Towed A. BRADLEY.
- 1886, Aug Ashore on Pancake shoal, Lake Superior; jettisoned cargo; released.
- 1894, Aug Aground in St. Mary's River; released after lightering 300 tons of ore.
- 1897, Oct 8 Lost on Lake Huron.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 15:44:03
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio