- Engine Type
- High Pressure (including HPNC)
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1887, Jul 18 Enrolled Grand Haven, MI; lumber & passenger service between Whitehall & Chicago, IL.
- 1887, Aug 4 Aft cabins damaged by fire; passenger accomodations not replaced.
- 1888, Jul 25 Enrolled Chicago; owned S.R. Howell, Chicago.
- 1891, Jul 14 Owned William J. Calhoun, Chicago.
- 1894, Mar 22 Owned John R. VanSlyke, Detroit.
- 1894, Aug 22 Enrolled Detroit.
- 1897 Machinery & boiler placed in tow barge COLWELL, Marine City, MI; Could be when 19+ 36 x 36" steeple compound engine or 15 + 30 x 28" Hodge fore & aft engine & 6'6" x 16' Love & Shofield boiler installed.
- 1898, Jul 25 Owned Gilbert LaCroix, Mt. Clemens, MI.
- 1899, May 22 Owned Gilbert LaCroix et al, Mt. Clemens & Detroit; 308 gross/ 230 net tons.
- 1911, Oct 5 Ashore, White Rock, Lake Huron.
- 1911, Oct 15 Recovered.
- 1911, Nov 1 Wrecked on reef south of piers at Harbor Beach; enroute to St.Ignace, MI; no cargo.
- 1912, Apr 11 Documents surrendered, Detriot; "Vessel abandoned".
- 1912, Sep 9 Floated clear of reef & scuttled.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Historical Collection, University of Detroit
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 15:43:22
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio