- Original Owner
- H.S. Halstead et al
- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1874, Oct Collided with schooner CITY OF PAINESVILLE off Ashtabula, OH; towed to Cleveland, OH.
- 1887, Nov Ran on a bar at Glencoe, 19 miles from Chicago, IL; cargo coal.
- 1906, Nov Several boats damaged when crushed by waves & bumping into each other & docks in storm at Dunkirk, NY; HALSTEAD had large hole in bulwarks & other damage.
- 1913, Nov 11 Foundered in storm near Washington Island, Lake Michigan.
- 1917 Rebuilt; owned Smeed B.C. & Co., Cleveland, OH.
- 1933 Abandoned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 15:00:48
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio