- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1883, Oct 9 Enrolled Port Huron, MI; owned F.W. Gilchrist, Alpena, MI.
- 1887, Aug 8 Ashore on South Reef, Bailey's Harbor, WI.
- 1889, Apr Hull punctured by ice, got into Port Huron.
- 1893, Jun Collided in dense fog with unknown vessel near outer island bound for Ashland, WI.
- 1895, Sep Disabled in gale off Port Colborne, ONT.
- 1899 20 + 37 x 28", 325hp steeple compound engine, Samuel F. Hodge Works, Detroit, MI (1887); one 9 x 16', 120# steam firebox boiler, Riter Brothers, Buffalo, NY (1894).
- 1912 Sold Canadian; C130432; 511 gross/ 307 net tons.
- 1914 Owned Grant Horn et al, Wolfe Island,ONT.
- 1921 Renamed W.H. RITCHIE, converted from straight bulker to crane-equipped vessel.
- 1921, Sep Burned.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 14:55:47
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio