- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1889, Apr 6 Enrolled Toledo; owned Toledo Transportation Co.
- 1896, Jul 30 Owned Union Safe Deposit & Trust Co., Toledo.
- 1898, Aug 13 Owned William Rend, Chicago.
- 1902, Jun 7 Collided with & sank whaleback THOMAS WILSON outside Duluth piers; 9 lives lost on THOMAS WILSON; HADLEY was beached.
- 1902, Oct 7 Raised, repaired; renamed WILLIAM P. REND.
- 1905, May Aground Manitou Island, Lake Superior; released, repaired.
- 1908 Rebuilt Shipowners Dry Dock, Chicago.
- 1915 Rebuilt as barge at W.H. Oades Shipyard, Detroit.
- 1917, Sep 22 Driven ashore in storm.
- 1917, Oct 2 Lost on Thunder Bay, Lake Huron.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Coll
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 14:51:23
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio