- Tonnage Old Style
- 587 41/95
History and Notes
- 1849 Owned G.P. Griffith.
- 1848 Ran Buffalo - Sandusky - Toledo with steamer TROY.
- 1849, Oct 17 Collided with schooner CALIFORNIA which filled and drifted ashore.
- 1850, Jun 17 Burned, Lake Erie, 212-287 lives lost.
- 1850 Jul 8 Working to raise the GRIFFITH, 2 scows capsized in a squall.
- 1851, Dec 13 Engine to go into vessel being built by Bidw & Banta for Fox & Bruce. 200' X 29' X 12', 700 tons.
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- D.T. Bowen
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 14:31:02
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio