- Sail Number Masts
- 11' 8"
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 30,000 bushels
History and Notes
- 1868 Owned Buffalo, NY; US26838.
- 1871, Nov Lost centreboard, Straits of Mackinac.
- 1874, Apr Damaged in Lake Huron squall.
- 1874, Oct Aground Racine Reef, Lake Michigan; released.
- 1876 Owned Cardinell, Buffalo.
- 1879 Repaired; owned Dennington et al, Cleveland, OH.
- 1880 Lumber trade, Chicago & Menekaunee.
- 1881 Rebuilt.
- 1898 Towed by CITY OF NEW YORK.
- 1906, Aug 28 Owned L.P. & J.A. Smith, Cleveland; grounded & burned, Lake Erie.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- Detroit & St. Clair River Towing Association, c.1867
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 14:14:50
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio