- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1874 24", 46" x 36" steeple compound engine, 500HP, 78RPM, by H.G. Trout & Company, Buffalo, NY.
- 1877 Overhauled, major repairs, new arches.
- 1879 Repaired 10' x 12.5' firebox boiler, 80 pounds steam, by M. Riter, Buffalo.
- 1881, Sep 27 Collision with & sank tug SWAIN, mouth of Detroit River.
- 1882, Oct 3 Collision with schooner G.S. HAZARD, causing serious damage.
- 1885, Apr 15 Overhauled at Duluth, converted to passenger steamer for 30 to 40 passengers.
- 1887, May 16 Aground Whitefish Point, Lake Superior in forest fire smoke, released by steamer PEERLESS.
- 1887, Sep 2 Stranded, west end Bois Blanc Island, released by LEVIATHAN.
- 1887, Nov 26 To go to Buffalo for rebuild.
- 1887, Dec 1 Stranded on Fighting Island near Amherstburg, ONT, released by tug PORTER & schooner PERSIA.
- 1888, Mar 1 Owned Lake Michigan & Lake Superior Transportation Co., Chicago, IL.
- 1888, May 19 Rebuilt at Buffalo, arches replaced by steel, full length
- passenger cabin, 35 state rooms, accomodations for 100 passengers.
- 1892, Apr 27 Struck reef outside Racine, Wisconsin, broke her shoe, towed to Milwaukee for repairs.
- 1894, Nov 15 In dry dock at Superior, Wisconsin for repairs to her bottom.
- 1900, May 3 The Van Buren Street bridge at Chicago fell on her, causing damage to hull.
- 1906, Jun 18 Rebuilt, readmeasured, 213.8' x 33.9' x 11.5'; owned Thomas L. Handy, Bay City, MI.
- 1913, Dec 23 Owned Rochester Transportation Company, Rochester, NY.
- 1915, Nov 12 Owned H.N. Jex, Toledo, OH.
- 1915, Nov 18 Owned C.E. La Beau.
- 1915, Dec 4 Owned Citizens Sand & Gravel Company, Toledo.
- 1916 Rebuilt as bulk carrier at Detroit, MI.
- 1918 Foundered Lake Erie.
- 1918 Documents surrendered at Toledo, vessel & documents lost.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 14:04:47