- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1894, Sep 13 Launched.
- 1894, Oct 16 Enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1896 Chartered to Great Lakes Steamship Co, Buffalo, NY; ran Buffalo, NY - Cleveland, OH & Manitowoc, WI.
- 1898, Nov 28 Collision with steamer COLGATE, Duluth, MN.
- 1899, May 11 Owned Bessemer Steamship Co., Cleveland, OH; converted at Cleveland to bulk freighter, iron ore trade; 400.42 x 42.66 x 24.25', 3746 gross / 2970 net tons; renamed JAMES B. EADS.
- 1901 Owned Pittsburgh Steamship Co, Cleveland.
- 1915, Jun 7 Collision with freighter Chicago, St. clair River; received two new watertube boilers.
- 1920 Reconstructed, 2704 gross / 1610 net tons, 1 deck, arch construction.
- 1926 Owned Nassau Ship & Dredge Co., Chicago, IL.
- 1927 Owned Midland Steamships Ltd, James Playfair, manager, Midland, ONT; C153126.
- 1934 Owned Gordon C. Leitch, Toronto, ONT.
- 1935 Owned Norris Steamships Ltd., Toronto.
- 1940 Owned Upper Lakes & St. Lawrence Transportation Co, Ltd, Toronto.
- 1960 Owned Upper Lakes Shipping, Ltd, Toronto; diesel crane added.
- 1960, Sep 30 Collision with craneship WILLIAM H. DONNER, Toledo, OH; repaired Port Weller.
- 1962 Retired.
- 1963 Owned A. Newman & Co, St. Catharine's, ONT, for scrapping.
- 1967 Scrapped, Port Weller.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Marine Historical Society of Detroit
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- Bowling Green State University
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 13:41:47
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio