- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Old Style
- 384 66/95
History and Notes
- 1857, Sep 18 Enrolled Cleveland; to operate Cleveland, Dunkirk & Buffalo.
- 1858 In New York & Erie railroad fleet; ran Cleveland - Dunkirk.
- 1858, Oct Collision with brig ISABELLA, Cleveland, Lake Erie; considerable damage to brig.
- 1859 In service Milwaukee - West Michigan ports.
- 1860 Cleveland - Dunkirk run.
- 1860, Nov 13 Collided with schooner INDUSTRY at West Pier, Cleveland; cut schooner in half.
- 1862 Rebuilt; readmeasured 184.17 x 27.20 x 12.61'; 601 1/95 tons.
- 1864 Ran Chicago & Sarnia for Grand Trunk Railroad.
- 1864 Left Chicago with Melville's Australian Circus; to stop at every port on Lake Michigan.
- 1864, Sep 13 Arrived Windsor, ONT with circus.
- 1866 Lake Superior run.
- 1867 Official #10232.
- 1868, May 1 Lost in explosion Buffalo.
- 1902, May Wreckage removed from Philadelphia & Reading channel, Buffalo.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Soo Annual Report
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Review
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Datab
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 13:37:33