- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1875, Jan 11 Enrolled Buffalo, NY.
- 1876 Owned Drake et al, Buffalo.
- 1878, Mar Owned Union Steamboat Company; operated between Chicago, IL & Lake Erie.
- 1878, Nov 27 Collision with schooner J. FRETTER, St. Clair River.
- 1881, Summer Towed by AVON & DEAN RICHMOND & B.W. BLANCHARD.
- 1882, Jun Towed by JAN GOULD in coal trade.
- 1883, Sep Aground Bois Blanc Island, Detroit River with coal.
- 1884, Apr 2 Sold by Union Steamship Co.
- 1888 - 89 Towed by ROUMANIA on numerous occasions.
- 1889, Jun Towed by BULGARIA.
- 1890, Spring Towed by PROGRESS.
- 1893, Apr 12 Underwent overhaul.
- 1893, May 26 Struck steambarge THOMAS MAYTHAM near Sault St. Marie, MI.
- 1893, Jul Towed by W.H. GRATWICK.
- 1893, Oct 7 Found by tug DOWLING near Parisian Island after reported missing.
- 1894, Jun Towed by WALLULA.
- 1898 - 1900 Reportedly went to coast, but likely stayed on the Lakes.
- 1898 Often towed by CUMBERLAND.
- 1898, Jul Towed by steamer ELPHICKE.
- 1900, Sep Towed by steamer ELPHICKE.
- 1900, Nov Towed by A.A. DARKER.
- 1905, Nov 28 Dismasted, Lake Michigan.
- 1906, Jul 23 Collided with barge TROY at Port Huron, MI.
- 1911 Sold canadian: C112354; repaired; 200 x 35 x 14'; 784 net tons.
- 1912 Owned Antoine Wending, Brockville, ONT.
- 1913 Owned Brockville Transportation Co., Brockville, ONT.
- 1926 Abandoned due to poor condition, later refitted & returned to service.
- 1828, Aug 22 Burned at Brockville, St. Lawrence River.
- 1940, Nov 11 Foundered near Les Cheneaux Islands in the Armistice Day Storm.
- Newspaper Clippings
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Bowling Green State University
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Beesons Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 13:35:27
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio