- Original Owner
- Toledo & Saginaw Transportation Co.
- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1875, May Launched Marine City, MI.
- 1875, Jul 6 Enrolled Port Huron, MI.
- 1875 Owned Dan Cameron, Collingwood for Georgian Bay Transit Co., later called Great Northern Transit Co.; C71111; 129 x 22.6 x 9.5', 513 gross / 337 net tons; ran Collingwood, ONT - Sault Ste. Marie, ONT with SEYMOUR & SILVER SPRAY.
- 1876, Nov 1 Renamed NORTHERN BELLE; owned John & Thomas Long et al, Collingwood.
- 1877 Owned Georgian Bay Transportation Co.
- 1878 Ran Meaford, ONT, Manitoulin Islands & Sault Ste. Marie, ONT.
- 1878, Nov Some damage assisting schooner MAPLE LEAF getting away from dock, Meaford.
- 1879, Oct Fire damage to hurricane deck.
- 1880, Mar Replaced WAUBUNO on Meaford - Perry Sound, ONT route daily.
- 1882 Owned Northern Transit Co., Collingwood.
- 1886, Spr Rebuilt Collingwood.
- 1896, Nov 6 Burned Lake Huron.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- Canadian Register
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 13:34:43
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio