- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 3,000 tons
History and Notes
- 1888, May 7 Enrolled Cleveland, OH; speed 11mph pulling a schooner; ran Cleveland - Duluth, MN with coal & ore; towed barge AHIRA COBB.
- 1888, Jul Collision with PACKER near Stay Island, St. Clair River.
- 1888, Oct Collision with PALMER.
- 1889 Towed barge JOHN MARTIN.
- 1892, May Ashore Windmill Point outside Buffalo with wheat from Duluth.
- 1892, Jun 2 Collision with barge MARVIN at Port Huron.
- 1897, Nov 6 Broke wheel, Lake Erie.
- 1901 Rebuilt as screw steamer; 1 deck, 2 masts, 283 x 40.3 x 25.5', 2766 gross / 1913 net tons.
- 1903 Sunk near Bar Point; extensive damage.
- 1907, Sep 3 Aground Sandusky; released.
- 1909, Jun 5 2266 gross / 1913 net tons.
- 1915 Laid up Erie, PA.
- 1918, Jul 9 Enrolled Port Huron, MI; owned Joan Steamship Co., A.H. Langell, Lakewood, OH, president; rebuilt 283 x 40 x 23.7'; 2161 gross / 11808 net tons; never operated, sank at it's dock due to ice jams.
- 1923, Dec 23 Owned Geore Peel, Chatham, ONT; sunk at Point Edward as breakwater.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwrec
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 13:27:00
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio