- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1871, May Launched Port Huron, MI; received machinery at Cleveland, OH.
- 1871, Aug 11 Enrolled Port Huron, MI.
- 1871, Aug 24 Grounded foot Bois Blanc Island, Lake Huron; released by tug VULCAN.
- 1874, Jul Collision with propeller LOWELL, St. Clair River.
- 1874, Sep Broke wheel on Lake Erie.
- 1879 Owned Murphy, Detroit, MI.
- 1882, Aug Collided & sunk MOCKINGBIRD, Detroit River.
- 1882, Aug Carried 3,000,000 pine logs down Lake Huron to Lake Erie.
- 1883 Broke wheel, Saginaw Bay.
- 1884 Owned Detroit Tug & Transportation Co.
- 1884, Dec Released steambarge MORLEY stuck at Grand Marais.
- 1885, May Dispatched to Lake Superior.
- 1886, Aug Received boiler of wrecked KATE MOFFAT; will tow regularly at Milwaukee, WI.
- 1887 AuTrain, Lake Superior - Bay City, MI with timber stowed in bay booms.
- 1890, May Towed barge MABLE in Escanaba, MI ore trade.
- 1892 Owned Kelsey & King, Detroit; new 22 + 40 x 30", 460hp @ 100rpm steeple compound engine by S.F. Hodge Co., Detroit; 1 firebox boiler 10'5" x 16', 100# steam by Dry Dock Engine Works (1881), possibly from KATE MOFFAT; engine may have been rebuilt.
- 1894 Described as wrecker.
- 1895 Owned B.B. Noiles.
- 1895, Oct Burned at Sault Ste. Marie; scuttled & sank.
- 1896, May Raised & rebuilt by A. Stewart, Port Huron; reinforced bow for working in ice; 207 gross / 87 net tons; engine rebuilt by Samuel Hodge & Co., Detroit, 22 + 40 x 30", 700hp @ 100rpm steeple compound engine; second boiler 10'3" x 16' @ 100# steam by Dry Dock, Detroit.
- 1901 Owned Lake Superior Split Rock Lumber Co.
- 1904 Owned Thomas D. Merrill, Duluth.
- 1909 Owned R.B. Knox, Duluth.
- 1910 Owned Duluth Superior Dredging Co., Duluth.
- 1934 Rebuilt, 1 deck, new steel cabins, 121.5 x 22.6 x 11.2'; 1 firebox boiler by Johnston Brothers, Ferrysburg, 10'6" x 16', 140# steam, 177 gross/ 65 net tons; company later bought out by Dunbar & Sullivan Dredging Co.; transferred to Detroit.
- 1955 Laid up Stoney Island, Detroit.
- 1959, Feb Scrapped.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 13:22:51