- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 20 people
History and Notes
- 1879 Owned Worthy et.al., Middle Bass Island.
- 1879, Mar 26 Cut through ice & sank, Kelley's Island.
- 1881 Jun Owned S.B. Grummond.
- 1881, Jul 23 Owned E.M. Harrington, Alpena, MI.
- 1882 Covered & enclosed forward part; used as excurision vessel Alpena, Ossineke, Black River, Alcona & Harrisville, MI.
- 1887 Owned A.E. Persons, Alpena; route between Mackinaw, Saint Ignace & Prentiss Bay.
- 1888, April 7 Owned James E. English; enrolled Port Huron, MI.
- 1890 Owned John H. Gillet, Marquette, MI.
- 1890, May Excursion boat ran south shore Lake Superior; owned Bird Line Co.; 8' boiler, thoroughly rebuilt.
- 1890, Oct Blew up near shore Peoria, IL; crew & passengers safe.
- 1892, Jul 4 Chartered by Company A. Hibernian Rifles, Hancock, MI.
- 1892 Renamed VALARIE; rebuilt 69.16 x 17.5 x 7.6, 58.87 gross, 29.48 net tons.
- 1894 Stranded Portage Entry.
- 1899 Owned Joseph Croze, Houghton, MI.
- 1911 Made tug.
- 1924 Abandoned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Bowling Green State University
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 13:21:40
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio