- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1862, Oct 15 Registered Picton, ONT; hull built by William Dulmage; finished by John Tait.
- 1864 Owned Jackson & Hume, Milford, ONT.
- 1866, May Aground Fighting Island, Detroit River.
- 1866, Aug Damaged sails, Lake Erie.
- 1867, Aug 29 Aground Bar Point, Lake Erie.
- 1871, Nov 15 Ashore Cape Smith near Lonely Island near heavy cargo; released by gunboat PRINCE ALFRED; caught in storm in towing her back; cut loose & went ashore Cabot's Head; crew reached Owen Sound after great deprivation.
- 1872 Rebuilt; owned Sylvester et. al.; 219 tons.
- 1874 Registered Picton; owned James H. Hickman, Toronto; 114.9 x 25 x 10.
- 1877, Aug 26 Ashore with lumber Bar Point.
- 1885, Mar 12 Owned Joseph Jackson, Toronto, ONT.
- 1886 Registered Picton, owned Solomon Sylvester, Toronto; 114 x 25 x 10.2
- 1888, Jul 10 Owned Mary Ann Mcleod.
- 1889, Fall Ashore west side Bruce Peninsula.
- 1890, Oct 14 Wrecked Lake Huron.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian Registers
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio