- Original Owner
- J.P. Clark
- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- Final Location
- About 2-mi.SE of 4-mi.Crib,Chicago River,Chicago, IL; Lake Michigan.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Purposely burned & sunk.
- Final Notes
- 1908, Dec 23 Documents surrendered "burned & destroyed."
History and Notes
- To run Sandusky, OH to the Lake Erie Islands (Put-in-Bay).
- 1873, Jul 2 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1882 Rebuilt.
- 1884 Owned W.O. Ashley, Detroit.
- 1886, Jul Sank the yacht JOSIE.
- 1886, Jul 10 Ashore off Chittenham Beach, towed to Chicago next day.
- 1887 Rebuilt.
- 1892 Owned Sloan & Cowles, Buffalo, NY.
- 1892, May 2 Owned John Edwards, Buffalo.
- 1892, May 10 Enrolled Buffalo, owned J.E. Rebstock, Buffalo.
- 1893, May 31 Owned Crystal Beach Steamboat & Ferry Co., Buffalo.
- 1897 Owned A.W. Hickman, Buffalo.
- 1897, Mar 1 Owned Udo V. Schanroth, Buffalo.
- 1897, Mar 6 Owned Marie Burger, Buffalo.
- 1901, Mar 3 Renamed EAGLE.
- 1901, Oct 25 Owned Daniel Mahoney et al.
- 1902, May 27 Enrolled Grand Haven, MI; owned M. Wilson, Montague, MI.
- 1904 25" X 24" high pressure engine; 8' X 14' firebox boiler.
- 1905, Jul 12 Enrolled Chicago, IL; owned George P. Gubbins et al, Chicago.
- ~1905 Abandoned in Chicago River.
- 1908, Dec 23 Documents surrendered; "burned & destroyed."
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Marquette Mining Journal 7/10/1886
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- F.E. Hamilton
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directo
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 13:00:13
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio