- Tonnage Old Style
- 768 27/95
History and Notes
- 1856 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; ran Buffalo - Chicago, IL.
- 1857, Oct Broke shaft near Manitou Islands, Lake Michigan; repaired Buffalo.
- 1861 Rebuilt.
- 1861, Sep 5 Collision with schooner BEAVER on Detroit River.
- 1861, Sep 29 Lost rudder, ran on Buffalo breakwater; released.
- 1863, Sep 15 Aground Detroit River wtih propeller COMET.
- 1866, Sep Aground Colchester Reef, Lake Erie; released; large repairs.
- 1866 New fore & aft compound engine installed; 949.44 gross tons.
- 1870, May 10 Beached above Port Huron after leak.
- 1870, Aug 17 Sank scow C.G. MEISEL in collision at Amherstburg, ONT; 2 lives lost.
- 1870, Sep 1 Sank steam barge JENNIE BRISCOE at Grosse Isle, Detroit River, one life lost.
- 1871, Jun Machinery disabled at Mackinaw, Lake Huron.
- 1871, Sep 30 Wrecked, Lake Michigan.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick Labadi
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 12:22:09