- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 44,200 bushels
History and Notes
- 1873, May 19 Enrolled Cleveland, OH; for grain & ore trade.
- 1877 Slight damage by fire, Straits of Mackinaw.
- 1878, Aug 4 Collision with propeller JAMES FISK at Thunder Bay Island, Lake Huron.
- 1883, Aug 19 Sank SUNNYSIDE in collision at North Fox Island, Lake Michigan; owned J.C. Gilchrist, Cleveland, OH.
- 1884, Jun Towed by steambarge WILLIAM EDWARDS with barge GOLDEN AGE with 242,000 bushels grain from Buffalo.
- 1885, Mar 19 189.16 x 33.58 x 12.42', 672 gross / 639 net tons.
- 1897, Oct 8 Aground Germania Park, Niagara River with pig iron; released.
- 1897, Nov 30 Struck pier at Toledo, OH; repaired.
- 1898, Sep 30 Bound for Atlantic Coast.
- 1899, Aug 25 Owned Rittenhouse & Embree Lumber Co., Chicago, IL.
- 1903 Owned Calbick & Co., Chicago.
- 1906, Oct 6 Wrecked, Lake Superior.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Little Red Book
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Bowling Green State University
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 12:17:53
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio