- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1872, Apr 6 Launched.
- 1872, Apr 25 Enrolled Port Huron, MI.
- 1874, Nov Ashore Ashtabula, Lake Erie; released.
- 1878, Mar 29 Owned D.P. & A.B. Foster, Cleveland, OH.
- 1878, Sep 19 Owned D.P. Foster & Henry W. White, Cleveland.
- 1879, Oct 28 Owned D.P. & A.B. Foster, Cleveland.
- 1880, Apr 1 Owned Thomas Axworthy, Cleveland.
- 1880, Aug 11 Owned Clark E. Butts, Cleveland.
- 1882 Major repairs.
- 1884, Feb 29 Owned E.D. Chilson et al, Lorain, OH.
- 1884, Apr 26 Collision with propeller BUSINESS at Cleveland
- 1886, Nov 30 Owned Michael Daushey, Buffalo, NY.
- 1887, Aug 7 Stranded on Fisherman's Shoal near Escanaba, MI, Lake Michigan; stripped & abandoned.
- 1887, Sep 19 Owned Thomas H. Smith & John Leatham, Sturgeon Bay, WI.
- 1888, Aug 8 Recovered by wrecking expedition.
- 1892, Apr 18 Owned Leatham & Smith Towing & wrecking Co.
- 1893, Feb 23 Rebuilt & converted to steamer, 134.9' x 26.2' x 11.5', 355 gross tons, 277 net tons; 20 3/8", 36" x 28", 295hp, 100rpm steeple compound engine from tug ALBERT J. WRIGHT (1881), built by Frontier Iron Works, Detroit, MI, 1872; 9'4" x 16' firebox boiler built by M. Riter Works, Buffalo, NY from steamer CALUMET.
- 1893, Jul 29 Enrolled Milwaukee, WI as propeller.
- 1895, Jun 5 Owned Lars H. Jensen, Sturgeon Bay; towed AMARANITH.
- 1898, Mar 18 Owned Lars H. Jensen et al, Sturgeon Bay.
- 1902 New decking & repairs.
- 1903 Towed ADVANCE & ALERT.
- 1908 Rebuilt.
- 1911, Dec 19 Owned Soren Termanson et al, Sturgeon Bay; towed IDA CORNING & OAK LEAF.
- 1912, Feb 10 Owned Soren Termanson, Sturgeon Bay Stone Co., Sturgeon Bay.
- 1920, Jul 1 Owned Wallace C. Turberville, Holloway Sand Co. Inc., Buffalo, NY.
- 1926, Oct 2 Owned Bernard N. Mago, Tonawanda, NY.
- 1926, Oct 2 Vessel abandoned, enrollment surrendered, Buffalo.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Bowling Green State University
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 12:11:01
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio