- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 18,500 bushels
- Final Location
- Whetstone Brook, near Marquette, MI.
- Lake Superior.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Stranded in blizzard.
- Final Notes
- Sheltering offshore, she slipped anchors & was driven against a dock, where she was pounded to pieces.
- Her mate fell between the schooner & the rescue tug GILETT & was crushed.
- Vessel bound from Lorain, OH - Marquette, MI.
History and Notes
- 1868, Aug 26 First enrolled Oswego, NY.
- 1868, Sep 27 Ashore Long Point, ONT on maiden voyage.
- 1868 Owned Oswego party.
- 1876 Owned T.L. Jenkins, Oswego.
- 1877, Nov 9 Ran into by porpeller MONTGOMERY; jibboom & bowsprit carried away.
- 1879 Owned T.S. Mott, Oswego.
- 1886, Nov 17 Wrecked, Lake Michigan.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Bowling Green State University
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 11:39:48