- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1854 Enrolled Sacketts Harbor, NY.
- 1854, Sep Collision with schooner CONSUELO at Mackinaw.
- 1855, Oct Sprung leak, Detroit River.
- 1858, Apr Ashore Cleveland, OH, cargo pork.
- 1858, May Collided with schooner CLYDE, Lake Erie; damaged stem & head gear.
- 1860 Owned A.H. Hovey, Saracuse, NY.
- 1861, Jul Gale damage, Lake Ontario.
- 1863 Owned Cummings & Joyce, Oswego, NY.
- 1863, Jul Leaking Point Betsie, Lake Michigan, cargo wheat.
- 1863, Sep Aground Bois Blanc Island, Lake Huron.
- 1868 Readmeasured, 183.99 gross tons; US1084.
- 1868, Nov Accident in Welland Canal; propeller LAWRENCE crashed through gate & drove FORD through next gate; damage to bow, stern & midships.
- 1869, Nov Struck rock off Bar Point, Lake Erie; towed to Detroit, leaking badly.
- 1871 Owned L. Letts, Oswego, NY.
- 1871, Oct 24 Leaking, St. Catharines, ONT with wheat & corn.
- 1874, Nov 25 Wrecked in gale Port Maitland, ONT, Lake Erie; captain & 3 crew froze to death.
- 1875, May Repaired at Erie Basin.
- 1876 Owned Lock et al, Buffalo, NY; repaired.
- 1881 Owned M.W. Humphrey, Ashtabula, OH; towed by steamer RHODA STEWART in Alpena, MI & Cleveland, OH lumber trade.
- 1889 Owned William Sims, Port Huron.
- 1890, Nov 20 Documents surrendered, Port Huron; total loss.
- Newspaper Clippings
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 11:29:05
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio