- Engine Type
- Vertical Beam (Walking Beam)
- 196' 7"
- 9' 6"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 503 79/95
History and Notes
- 1854, Jul 6 Enrolled Detroit, MI; ran Detroit, Port Huron & Saginaw, MI; ran 17mph; replaced the PEARL, St. Clair River.
- 1854 Ran Milwaukee, WI - Grand Haven, MI.
- 1855, Jul Ran on a reef near Goderich, ONT, Lake Huron.
- 1856, Nov Broke shaft & machinery, Lake Huron.
- 1857, Jul 27 Readmeasured 187 x 26'8" x 8', 384 tons; owned John P. Ward, Detroit, MI.
- 1857, Aug Running excursions, Detroit, Port Huron & Goderich, ONT.
- 1858, Oct Broke cross head near Sheboygan, WI.
- 1858, Nov Damaged machinery, Lake Huron.
- 1859 Ran Port Huron, Detroit & Forrestville; ran Milwaukee - Toledo; Toledo - Cleveland - Buffalo, NY.
- 1859, Oct 19 Aground Fighting Island, Detroit River; released by SEA BIRD.
- 1860 Broke shaft; towed to Detroit by COLUMBIA.
- 1861, Aug Collision with schooner W.B. HIBBARD, Detroit River.
- 1862, Oct Collision with steamer CANADIAN, Detroit River.
- 1865, Nov 9 Repaired; 1 mast 195 x 26.8 x 9.3; 485.6 gross tons.
- 1866, May 22 Owned Solomon Gardner & David Gallagher, Detroit, MI.
- 1867, Apr 29 Made a lumber barge; machinery into ALPENA; 195 x 28 x 9.1, 284.96 gross tons; owned L. M. Mason, Detroit, MI.
- 1868 US37060.
- 1868, Nov 15 Foundered; broke away from tug EAGLE, Lake Huron; lumber laden.
- 1869, Apr 27 Owned Roxana Peter, Bay City, MI.
- 1869, Sep Adrift, Lake Huron.
- 1871, May 3 Broke loose of steamer D. F. ROSE; broke her back near Monroe, MI, Lake Erie; towed to Malden, ONT.
- 1871, Aug 29 Lost deck load lumber.
- 1871, Nov 9 Owned Paul Marlatt, Bay City, MI; 125 x 28 x 9.1.
- 1872, May Owned John McLaughlin, John Kelderhouse & George W. Talcott, Buffalo, NY.
- 1872, Sep Wrecked near Port Burwell, ONT.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- National Archives
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Ed Middleton
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Bowling Green State University||
- Unique ID
- Oil Painting
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 11:28:41
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio