- Sail Number Masts
- 137' 9.8"
- 29' 10.6"
- 11' 1.9"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 369 93/95
History and Notes
- 1855, Sep 22 Enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1858, Jun 16 Owned L. Crawford, Robert McLauchlin & Philip J. Price, Chicago, IL.
- 1859, Jul 7 Owned Lemuel Crawford, Cleveland, OH.
- 1859, Jul 7 Owned Kinsley Sherman et al, Cleveland.
- 1860, Jul Struck rock, Sault Ste. Marie River.
- 1860, Nov Ashore on Fox Island, Lake Ontario.
- 1861, Aug Sprung foremast, Lake Erie.
- 1863 Owned R.H. Becker, Cleveland.
- 1864, Oct 21 Aground Cleveland with iron ore.
- 1865 Large repairs.
- 1866, Sep Damaged in collision with schooner H. SPENCER, Lake Michigan.
- 1867, Oct Collision with scow brig FRANKIE WILCOX at Point au Pelee, Lake Erie.
- 1867, Nov Collision with steamer R.N. RICE, Cleveland.
- 1868 Readmeasured, 285.98 gross tons; US9202.
- 1868, Oct Aground, Lake Superior.
- 1869, Jun Lost anchor, centerboard, Lake Superior.
- 1869, Sep Aground Maumee Bay, Lake Erie.
- 1869, Nov Struck Grays Reef, Straits of Mackinaw; badly damaged bottom; repairs at Allen, McClellan & Co. Shipyard.
- 1871, Oct 8 Lost in Chicago Fire.
- Newspaper Clippings
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio