- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- Nickednamed the "Lemon of the Lakes."
- 1875, Mar 26 Launched.
- 1875, Jun 1 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1875, Jun 8 Drydocked Milwaukee, WI for repairs.
- 1876, Apr 5 Enrolled Milwaukee.
- 1877, May 6 Ashore Ludington, MI with schooner LARSON in dense fog.
- 1877, Jun 27 Enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1877, Jun 28 Ran between Cleveland & Port Cresent.
- 1878, Apr 12 Chartered by Baly & Co., Chicago, IL to run excursion between Chicago & Milwaukee.
- 1879, Mar 20 Fitted out for service between Milwaukee & Grand Haven.
- 1880, Mar 14 Chartered J. Cox, ran excursion out of Chicago.
- 1880, Sep 13 Libelled & cleared.
- 1881, Apr 29 Owned S.B. Grummond, Detroit; 561.63 gross / 455.95 net tons; operated between Detroit & Mackinac, MI.
- 1882, Mar Ran between Detroit - Alpena - Mackinac - St. Ignace.
- 1882, Oct 9 Collided with steamer SAGINAW at Forrestville.
- 1883, Sep Broke machinery, Detroit River.
- 1896, Sep 11 Owned Hirman S. Brown & Rosa D. Brown, Detroit.
- 1898, May 6 Owned E.L. Williams, Detroit.
- 1899, Mar 30 Sold Canadian; owned William Woolatt, Walkerville, ONT; C100303; rebuilt Sandwich, ONT; 180 x 27.4 x 11'; 898 gross / 424 net tons; engine (from ANDREW JOHNSON,1865) installed; walking beam with condenser, 48" x 108", Fletcher, W. & A. Co., Hoboken, NJ.
- 1899, Jun 1 Renamed URANIA; ran Cleveland - Port Stanley & Rondeau.
- 1901, Jun 1 Chartered Lake Erie Navigation Co.; ran tri-weekly between Port Stanley; Rondeau & Cleveland.
- 1905, Mar 17 Redocumented in U.S.; owned James McLain, Detroit; 174.3 x 27.7 x 10.6'; 455 gross tons; renamed FLORA.
- 1905, Jun 16 Rebuilt Chicago for excursion between Erie, PA & Buffalo, NY.
- 1907 Owned John Grix, Duluth, MN.
- 1908, Jan Owned Martin O'Toole, Detroit; laid up at Kotcher docks, Detroit with serveral suits against her.
- 1911 Spring Owned Miles E. Barry, Chicago.
- 1912, Jul 12 Libelled for crew's wages & supplies.
- 1912, Aug 1 Repaired at Davidson drydock, Bay City, MI for fruit trade in Chicago.
- 1912, Jul 18 Sank due lack of care at dock south of Genesee Ave. Bridge, Saginaw.
- 1912, Dec 2 Burned, Chicago.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 11:20:00