- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1852 Enrolled French Creek, NY.
- 1853, Sep / Oct Capsized off Racine, WI, Lake Michigan; drifted for several weeks; recovered & towed to Muskegon, MI; repaired.
- 1855 Collision with schooner PIERPONT, Lake Ontario.
- 1861, Oct 22 Aground Presque Isle, Lake Huron.
- 1868 Rebuilt; readmeasured, 134.3 x 25.5 x 10.6', 274.84 gross tons.
- 1866, Apr 30 Owned Fowler & Esselstyn, enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1867, Apr 2 Owned A.W. Hain et al, Chicago, IL; US9196.
- 1869, Apr 18 Owned Phillip Laver et al, Chicago.
- 1871, Jan 30 Owned Jas. Callon et al, Chicago.
- 1879, May 13 Owned Jas. Holdsworth, Chicago.
- 1852, Apr 18 Rebuilt, 133.3 x 25.5 x 10.8', 255.75 gross tons, 242.97 net tons.
- 1887, Apr 15 Owned Thomas Scott et al, Chicago.
- 1887, Sep Damaged in Lake Huron gale; repaired.
- 1889, Feb 27 Owned Edw. Comerford, Chicago.
- 1892, Nov 10 Documents surrendered, vessel lost.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Northwest Michigan Maritime Museum
- Newspaper Clippings
- National Archives
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Beesons Marine
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio