- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1890, Jan 30 Owned U.S. Navy; converted to auxiliary naval vessel; 160 x 28 x 11.75'; performed general duties along east coast; during Spanish American War, ran Key West, FL - Santiago & Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- 1898, Oct 16 Assigned to District of Columbia Naval Militia.
- 1898, Oct 22 Decommissioned.
- 1904 Laid up Norfolk, VA.
- 1905 Repaired Detroit, MI; owned Minnesota Naval Militia; renamed GOPHER.
- 1917, May 30 Recommissioned for service Great Lakes Naval Training Station.
- 1921, May 15 On duty Naval Reserve, Toledo, OH.
- 1922, Aug Departed for Boston, MA; rammed & damaged a lock at Soulanges Canal, QUE; seized by Canadian authorities; towed by tug WANDAK to Boston, MA.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Bowling Green State University
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 11:11:23
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio