- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1889, Jun 1 Registered Owen Sound, ONT.
- 1893 Wheel broken on rock near AuBarrie, remained 3 days until taken to Owen Sound for repairs.
- 1894 Owned North Shore Navigation Co., Collingwood, ONT.
- 1899 Owned Northern Navigation.
- 1900, Oct 9 Burned at Collingwood dock, fire started in boiler rooom; owned by North Shore Navigation Co., Collingwood.
- 1906 Rebuilt as a tug by Robert J. Morill, renamed A.F. BOWMAN, C116385, 76' x 22' x 12', 113 gross tons, 18", 36" X 26" fore & aft compound engine by Doty Engine Works, Toronto, ONT, 1889.
- 1906, Oct 24 Registered Port Arthur, ONT; owned Canadian Towing & Wrecking Co., (James Whalen).
- 1929, Jan 8 Sold to Dominion Towing & Salvage Co.
- 1929, Apr 11 Registered Montreal, QUE, but remained at Port Arthur.
- 1941 Scrapped.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- Bowling Green State University
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 11:02:22
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio