- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1872, Jun 7 Enrolled Cleveland; used to carry iron ore Escanaba, MI - Frankfort, MI; later lumber trade.
- 1873, May 16 Owned Frankfort Iron Co., Detroit, MI.
- 1873, Nov Ashore with groceries Hammond Bay, MI, Lake Huron.
- 1874 Repaired; one round trip Lake Superior.
- 1878, Mar 2 Owned T.S. Ruddock & Charles H. Palmeter, Chicago, IL.
- 1878, Jul 9 Burned, Michigan City, IN; to be rebuilt.
- 1881. Apr 26 Owned Dewitt Palmeter et al, Chicago.
- 1882, Apr 29 Owned Charles H. Ruddock et al, Chicago; large repairs.
- 1887, Apr 6 Owned W.H. Horn & William Disher, Chicago.
- 1889, Apr 27 Owned W.H. Horn Cedar & Lumber Co., Menominee, MI.
- 1894 Carried 473 tons steel rails for Illinois Steel Works, Chicago.
- 1898, Aug Carried wild animals for a circus on Lake Michigan.
- 1899, Apr 18 Owned James Sanford et al, Muskegon, MI; two 20 x 22" HPNC engines, 285hp @90rpm from Cuyahoga Iron Works, Cleveland; One 7'6" x 17' firebox boiler @ 90# steam.
- 1900, Apr 2 Rebuilt; 141' x 28'8" x 12'; 18 & 36 x 28" steeple compound engine from Montague Iron Works (1900); renamed MATTHEW WILSON.
- 1904, Apr 29 Rebuilt; propeller, owned Daniel & Dennis McWilliam & Mathew Wilson, Muskegon.
- 1913, Apr 26 Owned William H. Wilson et al, Muskegon; one 12' x 12' scotch boiler @ 130# steam from Johnston Brothers, Ferrysburg, MI (1913).
- 1917, Feb 23 Owned Kreetan Lumber Co., Sault Ste. Marie, MI.
- 1925 Home port Johnsonwood, Drummond Island, Lake Huron.
- 1930 Owned I.L. Halsted, Johnswood, MI.
- 1932, Sep 26 Scrapped.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Soo Annual Report
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V.
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 11:00:38
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio