- Original Owner
- James Ash et al
- Ownership Notes
- R.L. & James Byers, Abner C. Adams, F.L. Danforth & Daniel Mahoney.
- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1885 Owned Buffalo, NY.
- 1887, Apr Sank at Buffalo; raised.
- 1890, May Owned John H. Gillett, Marquette, MI; fastest tug in harbor.
- 1891, May 7 Owned Smith Fee Co., Duluth, MN; Frederick Smith, President.
- 1893, Aug 18 Sunk in collision with tug CARRINGTON as part of tug war; raised.
- 1893, Sep 27 Burned at dock, Duluth, MN.
- 1893, Oct 14 Owned B.B. Inman, Duluth, MN.
- 1894, Jun Siezed by U.S. Marshal.
- 1897, Apr 7 Owned Inman Tug Co.
- 1899 Owned Great Lakes Towing.
- 1906 Owned Chicago & Great Lakes Dredging.
- 1909 Rebuilt Port Arthur, ONT; C116389; 70 x 16 x 9; 73 gross / 49 net tons.
- 1928 Owned Great Lakes Dredging & Construction Co. Ltd., Port Arthur, ONT.
- 1936 Out of registry.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Bowling Green State University
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 10:53:00
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio