- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 1,326 tons
History and Notes
- 1881, Apr Launched Gibraltar, MI; often towed J. H. RUTTER.
- 1881, May 23 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1881, Jun Ran ore Escanaba, MI - Ashtabula, OH.
- 1885, Oct 12 Aground Fighting Island, Detroit River.
- 1895, Apr 24 Owned Thomas Adams, Ecorse Transportation Co., Detroit, MI et al.
- 1898, Oct 22 Owned Ecorse Transportation Co., Detroit, George Farwell, secretary.
- 1899 Fitted with 2 gangways, new stearing gear, etc.
- 1904, Apr 6 Owned William H. Follette, Tonawanda, NY.
- 1910, Apr 8 Owned Pacific Despatch of Tonawanda, NY, William Follette, president.
- 1912, Mar 19 Rebuilt as steambarge; 1 deck, 1 mast, 207.2 x 35.6 x 12, 756 gross / 538 net tons.
- 1912, Apr 11 Renamed JAMES W. FOLLETTE.
- 1917, May 14 Owned George Plunkett, Cobourg, ONT; C116816; 540 net tons.
- 1918 Owned George Hall Coal & Transportation Co., Ogdensburg, NY.
- 1923, May 16 Sunk Lake Ontario.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Inland Lloyds’ Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Databas
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 10:45:29
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio