- Propulsion Type
- Engine Number Propellers
- Tonnage Old Style
- 663 84/95
History and Notes
- 1853, Jul 16 Enrolled Detroit, MI; Detroit & Buffalo, NY run.
- 1853, Aug 28 Launched.
- 1853, Sep Ran aground on maiden trip to Buffalo; jettisoned 600 barrels flour & 90 casks of high wines.
- 1854, Dec Collision with schooner C. REEVES off Grand River, Lake Erie; threw overboard $30,000 worth of copper, wheat & flour.
- 1855, Sep Damaged in collision with schooner BERLIN off Point Pelee, Lake Erie.
- 1855, Oct Sprang leak Fairport, OH; repaired.
- 1856, Mar 15 Owned Western Transportation Co., Buffalo; ran on Detroit & Buffalo North Shore Line.
- 1856, Oct 19 Burned at dock, Chicago, Lake Michigan.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-21 10:42:40