- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1850 Enrolled Sandusky, OH.
- 1851, Nov Capsized in collision with steamer HENDRIK HUDSON, Lake Erie.
- 1856, Dec Sunk Kelleys Island, Lake Erie, with lumber.
- 1858, Oct 7 Bound Buffalo - Port Huron, MI, went missing in storm; wrecked Cleveland Harbor; rebuilt Sandusky, OH, 104'6" x 25' x 7'4", 162 64/95 tons.
- 1860, Nov 17 Owned Larned B. Johnson, Huron Co., MI.
- 1861, Apr Collision with steamer FORESTER.
- 1861, Nov Aground Point au Pelee, Lake Erie with coal; released.
- 1864 Repaired.
- 1865 Readmeasured 130 gross tons.
- 1866 Owned Spalding & Sinclair, Port Huron, MI.
- 1869, Jun Lost small boat, Detroit River.
- 1869, Oct 6 Wrecked, Lake Erie.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio